Monday 18 March 2013

Latest developments in Irish bankruptcy in the UK


As probably the leading authority on the Irish going bankrupt in the UK I am in the prime position to be able to advise those seeking to learn how to go bankrupt in the UK, of the latest developments
Over the last four years I suspect that I have taken more Irish people through bankruptcy here in the UK than anyone else.
Each week I am at a different court somewhere in England and Wales helping someone wipe off their debt. Due to the range of courts that I get to visit and consequently the different number of judges I appear before, I get a unique perspective on how these courts treat a bankruptcy application comprising solely Irish debt
12 months ago the court of choice for the Irish looking to go bankrupt would have been Liverpool. It was close to home, there is a large Irish population and the courts were used to seeing Irish people making applications.
A year on and the picture is slightly different. In recent times at least 50% of individuals who have presented petitions here with me have not had their bankruptcy order made on the initial application. These cases have been transferred to Manchester.
The reason given is so that a witness statement can be filed where evidence supporting the COMI is attached. Ie the lease, wages slips bank statements.
This statement and the filed statement of affairs is then sent to creditors along with notice of the bankruptcy hearing.
Of all those cases which have been transferred, to Manchester by this route, all my clients have had their bankruptcy orders granted.
It also appears now that if you file your bankruptcy application in Manchester, the same process will apply.
In reality all that is now happening here is what has been happening in London for two years. In London nobody from the EU ever has their bankruptcy granted on paper. They are all asked to appear at a hearing with evidence that their comi is in the UK having been filed in a witness statement.
There are courts around the UK where these practices do not occur.
In order to get this up to date information, I am encouraging those seeking assistance to call me and book a paid consultation, where for £250, I will provide complete advice on how to go bankrupt in the UK, what you need to do, whether it is right for you and perhaps where it might be best to relocate to.
Email me or call on 07837608220

No comments:

Post a Comment